Many conditions may cause difficulty with speech and swallowing. At Kinisi, our speech therapy team provides evaluations and treatment to individuals of all ages. Even a single meeting with a speech therapist can provide a helpful set of ideas and tools to improve your quality of life.
Speech therapists can also help people with swallowing disorders. Our team performs video swallowing studies to evaluate and help treat people with difficulties swallowing.
Kinisi speech therapists can help you if you are:
- Hard to understand
- Experience difficulty swallowing
- Having trouble getting your point across
- Notice changes in your voice
The quality of life for people with the following conditions can be helped with speech therapy:
- Aspiration pneumonia
- Parkinson’s disease (Big and Loud Treatment Programs)
- Swallowing or voice difficulties after a medical procedure
- Traumatic brain injury