After your cardiac event you may wonder if you can get back to living normally. Cardiac rehabilitation (rehab) at Kinisi is a medically supervised program that will help you recover both physically and emotionally from your event and assist you in improving your health and well-being.
Our cardiac rehab team will help you:
- Recover after a heart attack or heart surgery
- Prevent future hospital stays and heart problems
- Address risk factors you may have such as high cholesterol, weight, diabetes, smoking, lack of physical activity, depression or other emotional health concerns
- Adopt a healthy lifestyle and improve your quality of life
During rehab you will learn how to:
- Exercise safely and increase your physical activity
- Follow a heart healthy diet
- Reduce your risk factors
- Improve your emotional health
Your rehab team will work closely with you to create a plan that works for you. Over time the lifestyle changes you make during rehab will become routine and help you maintain a reduced risk for future heart problems.