Thomas Rieser M.D., F.A.A.O.S.
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
About Dr. Rieser
- Undergraduate: University of Detroit, Detroit, MI
- Medical School: Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL M.D. Degree
- Internship: Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI General Surgery.
- Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Fellowship: Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center (USC), Downey, CA Spine Surgery
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM Clinical Professor 1980 – 1983
- Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center (USC) Clinical Instructor – Orthopaedics 1984 – 1986
American Board Orthopaedic Surgery – 1981
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice
- Wisconsin Board of Medical Examiners
- Medical Board of California
- American Academy Orthopaedic Surgery
- North American Spine Society (1983)
- American Medical Association
- Ramsey County Medical Society (1986)
- Minnesota Medical Society (1986)
- Minnesota Orthopaedic Society (1986)
Eric Salman, PA-C
Eric has years of experience in evaluation and treatment of patients with back and neck pain, Eric works closely with Dr. Buttermann, as well as the rest of the Spine Team.
His education includes:
- Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, B.S., Biology
- Graduate School — Midwestern University, Downer’s Grove, Illinois, Physician Assistant Program, Bachelor of Medical Science, Physician Assistant Studies
He is NCCPA — Physician Assistant Certified and International Society for Clinical Densitometry, ACLS, DEA-Registered; and a Licensed PA, Minnesota and Wisconsin
Eric’s professional affiliations include:
- Minnesota Academy of Physician Assistants
- International Society for Clinical Densitometry
- Fellow Member, American Academy of Physician Assistants
- North American Spine Society
- National Commission on Certification of Physicians Assistants, Inc., with special recognition for advanced knowledge in surgery
Glenn R. Buttermann, M.D., M.S., F.A.A.O.S.
Orthopedic Spine Surgeon
About Dr. Buttermann
Spine surgeon Dr. Glenn Buttermann is known all over the world for his extensive research and journal articles and devotes significant time to research activities.
His medical education includes:
- M.D. Degree — Mayo Medical School, Rochester, MN
- Surgical Internship — University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Biomechanics Fellowship in Orthopaedic Surgery — University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency — University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Spine Fellowship — University of California, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Buttermann is a Fellow of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Minnesota Orthopaedic Society, North American Spine Society, Orthopaedic Research Society and Scoliosis Research Society.
He specializes in youth and adult scoliosis and complex deformity evaluation and surgery as well as minimally invasive spinal procedures.
Special interests include disc replacement and motion preservation for degenerative, trauma and deformity conditions.